Concealed Carry Permit
Applications for a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) are available at the Williams County Sheriff’s Office or at the Attorney General page.
Applications are currently being taken Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., no appointment necessary. Call 419-636-3151 for additional information. Please note that we do not accept checks and we will not accept applications outside of the times listed.
Special information for Veterans
As of November 5, 2018, Ohio Senate Bill 81 requires county sheriffs to waive CCW application fees for active, reserve, retired or honorably discharged members of the United States Armed Forces up to $1.5 million dollars. Ohio Senate Bill 81 also allows retirees of, or persons honorably discharged from, the U.S. armed forces to forgo firearms training no matter when their retirement or discharge occured.
Things to Bring With You
- Completed application with a color head shot photo attached in the space that says “photo here”
- Correct cash
- Debit/Credit Cards accepted with a 2% or minimum of $2 transaction fee added
- Drivers License
- Firearms Certificate of Competency from the required course or DD 214 paperwork
- All fees are non-refundable
- New Issue if you’ve been an Ohio resident for more than five years: $67
- New Issue if you’ve been an Ohio resident less than five years: $77
- Renewal: $50
- Renewal for Ohio resident with less than five years: $60
- Replacement for lost license or when change of address: $15